2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 can achieve up to 6,000 kg on Wasaga Beach streets, along with a payload limit of 1,270 kg. Though it’s maneoverable and light, the Silverado can achieve this impressive towing capacity thanks to a new hydro-formed boxed high-strength steel frame. This truck also comes loaded with a long list of towing features like towing mirrors for the Chevy Silverado. Read on to learn more about what the Silverado has to offer. Then, apply for financing and contact Mike Jackson GM to book a test drive in Collingwood!
Towing Capacity By Engine Option
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing varies depending upon which of its 5 engine options you choose. Take a moment to get acquainted with the selection:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: With 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque, this engine option snags you 3,580 kg of towing from the get-go.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: Step up to this turbo option, and Barrie drivers will enjoy 310 hp, 348 lb-ft of torque, and up to 4,350 kg of towing capacity.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: This option elevates the 2021 Chevrolet towing capacity to 5,200 kg (Note: the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 4,500 kg) and offers 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equipped with this engine, towing jumps up to 6,000 kg on the RST trim. You can also expect 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: Opt for the diesel option, and you’ll enjoy 4,300 kg of towing, 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
The Silverado 1500 also features a long list of towing features to make whatever job you need to complete in Meaford easier. Take a look at a few highlights below:
- Trailering Package: Standard on the Silverado, the trailering package features a hitch platform, 4-pin connector, 2-inch receiver, 7-way sealed connector, automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This Handling/Trailering Suspension Package upgrade includes revised shock tuning and upgraded rear springs for seriously heavy-duty jobs.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Opt for these towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks, and you’ll have a much smaller blind spot—especially helpful when changing lanes while towing a heavy load.
Test Drive a Chevy Silverado at Mike Jackson GM
Now that you’ve read about the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado towing capacity, experience all the performance features this vehicle has to offer with a test drive. Simply call Mike Jackson GM at 888-901-8063 to take the next step in Collingwood. While you’re doing research, take a moment to explore our Chevy research guides for other helpful reads, including our comparison between the 2021 Chevy Silverado and RAM 1500!
More from Mike Jackson GM
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 can achieve up to 6,000 kg on Wasaga Beach streets, along with a payload limit of 1,270 kg. Though it’s maneoverable and light, the Silverado can achieve this impressive towing capacity thanks to a new hydro-formed boxed high-strength steel frame. This truck also comes loaded with a long list of towing features…
If you’re looking for a powerful truck that has the space you need, you may be interested in the 2021 Chevy Silverado. The 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 interior dimensions ensure that you and your passengers will be able to reach your Wasaga Beach destinations in comfort, and the Chevy Silverado 1500 cargo space is enough…
How much can the GMC Sierra tow? When equipped with the Max Trailering Package and the 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, Wasaga Beach drivers will enjoy up to 5,352 kg of towing. Read on to learn about the 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity and towing features. Then fill out a pre-approval and schedule for a test…