2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Capacity
Wasaga Beach drivers searching for a powerful vehicle with a high towing capacity and a powerhouse engine for their job sites can trust the 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. It’s a high-end, heavy-duty pickup built for performance. There are two engines available with different performance, torque, and towing capacity specifications! Keep reading to discover the 2022 Chevy Silverado towing capacity and much more with the Mike Jackson GM team.
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 Engines
Drivers can choose either the standard 6.6L V8 gas engine or the 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine. Each is incredibly powerful, but the diesel engine takes it to the next step. Explore the complete details of the engines and the 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity:
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Capacity: 6.6L V8 Gas Engine:
- The maximum towing capacity is 6,577 kg when you choose the 2022 Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab Long Bed 2WD with 43-cm wheels and available fifth-wheel or gooseneck hitch. With a gooseneck trailer attached, the gas model can tow up to 7,879 kg.
- Engine performance is 401 hp and 464 lb-ft of torque
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Capacity: Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 Engine:
- This engine provides a maximum towing capacity of 8,391 kg on properly equipped configurations (Crew cabs only).
- Engine performance is 445 hp and 910 lb-ft of torque.
- The available Allison® 10-speed automatic transmission allows the Silverado 2500 to tow its full capacity in first gear!
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Features
Supporting these powerhouse engines is a set of impeccable towing features. The 2022 Silverado is equipped with an abundance of towing features to make your Meaford drives secure, simple, and smooth. Chevy’s signature Advanced Trailering System allows drivers to create a customizable trailer profile with any of the features highlighted below. You can also keep everything organized through the myChevrolet mobile app!
Customizable trailer profiles:
- Tow/haul reminder
- Trailer electrical diagnostics
- Trailer tire pressure monitoring alert
- Trailer maintenance reminders
- Trailer security alerts
- Trailer mileage
- Pre-departure checklist
Other tow-friendly options include:
- Auto Park Brake Assist
- Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control
- New Park Grade Hold Assist
- StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control and Proactive Rollover Avoidance
Chat with our team about the available Technology Package featuring cameras that provide up to 15 views to make it easier to hitch a trailer or tow around Midland.
Test Drive the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 at Mike Jackson GM
When you are ready to experience the power of the 2022 Chevrolet 2500, contact our team anytime to set up a test drive! We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity or any additional features and specs. Be sure to check out our finance centre and our new vehicle specials to see how you could save on your next Chevy.
More from Mike Jackson GM
If you’re shopping around Wasaga Beach for an affordable truck that’s still plenty capable, compare the Silverado vs. Sierra. Both of these trucks are manufactured by General Motors and are similar in a number of ways. However, they are different in a few key ways. Take a moment to read our comparison for help with choosing…
The Technician is responsible for diligently maintaining, repairing and servicing customer vehicles to ensure both customer safety and satisfaction while contributing to overall departmental success. A key priority for a Technician is to instill brand loyalty and ensure a positive customer service experience. The Technician has excellent communication skills and is able to listen and…
We are looking for people to join the MJGM family. The right individuals are people-people. What does this mean? We want you to love working with people. You are enthusiastic, passionate and have a warm and welcoming demeanor. If this sounds like you…please read on.. Are you currently working in customer service? Are you interested…